Codemania - A conference for Developers
In light of the current global situation regarding COVID-19: This week, the Codemania team have reluctantly made the call to postpone Codemania from its May date.
The new date is Monday, September 14th.
This was a complicated decision with multiple factors, including: Travel restrictions being placed on speakers from around the world; The ever-changing situation in USA and Italy; and more.
Despite the current advice coming from the Ministry of Health being to continue as planned with events, as we get closer and closer to the due date, the impact of being forced to cancel becomes greater and greater. Despite the great support we've had over the years, Codemania is still a small, indie event that runs hand-to-mouth, annually. We cover our costs and we're proud of what we've built - but we can't afford to take a big financial hit. We can't afford the risk of folding completely, and never being able to put on another Codemania again. I don't think any of us at Codemania HQ could bear that - financially or emotionally.
So we've made the hard call, and we look forward to the situation blowing over in the next 6 months, as we go full steam ahead to our new date. There is much reshuffling and re-organising to do with the venues, the speakers and the vendors!
We're incredibly grateful for your continued support of Codemania - we literally couldn't do it without you!
If you have questions or concerns - please don't hesitate to reach out.
Ben, Ian, Ally and Vicki
Get your tickets: Here