Coding for Designers
Coding for Designers: A hands on introduction to coding for designers and aspiring web developers
9am–4pm, Friday 27th November, 2015
Suite 108, Ironbank, 150 Karangahape Road
Tickets on sale now via Eventbrite.
This is a beginners’ course aimed at giving people who work in the web hands-on experience of the tools used to create their designs. It assumes no previous coding experience but by the end of the day you will have created a basic but complete web app. It also covers basic principles behind developing for the web and native apps, introduces basic best practice coding habits, and an introduction to common tools and frameworks used in modern web and app development.
Who is it for?
- Designers who work with developers.
Web, interaction and UX designers who want a better understanding of the tools used to build their designs, and to communicate better with their developers.
- Non-coders interested in learning web development.
People with no coding background interested in web development who want hands on experience of the basics as a base for further study.
- People who want to prototype their own designs and ideas.
People who want to learn enough basic concepts to be able to prototype their own ideas.
You will get the following outcomes from this course:
- An understanding of the basic technical principles behind developing websites and apps.
- A basic understanding of the different technology and platforms used in modern web and app development.
- Direct experience of coding a basic web app, with a working app to show for it.
- A solid foundation of knowledge to use as a base for further study.
- Enough understanding of basic web development principles to communicate effectively with your developers.
More information can be found online at: uxgym.com/codingfordesigners.php
You will need:
- An OS X, Windows, Linux or Chrome powered laptop capable of connecting to the internet through wifi.
- The latest version of the Google Chrome web browser: Download Chrome here
- If you are using a Windows laptop we recommend Windows 7 or higher.
If you’d like more details, to view the terms and conditions, or you’d like to purchase tickets, visit: uxgym.com/codingfordesigners.php